The popularity of incentivized marketing is growing exponentially in the recent years. We are seeing more people who have been laid off or are seeking employment advertising their companies to attract new employees. As a result, companies are paying out large sums of money for participants' time to achieve specific goals.
Incentive marketing usually takes the form of a prize or reward when a certain number of clicks or even hours has been accrued by a participant to the goal. A much-discussed example of this is the Facebook ad, which has been able to create millions of dollars for many online advertising companies.
Although it is true that there are no small print when it comes to any type of advertising, it is still best to take a second look at the details. In most cases, any prize or reward can be issued to participants in many instances, but you may want to inquire about this before hand. It may also be worth checking with your potential participants first to determine whether they are indeed interested in the given campaign.
If you are thinking about engaging in incentive marketing for your own business, there are a few things you should consider prior to commencing the campaign. By having a clear understanding of what you want to accomplish, you will be better equipped to determine if the payment is something that is worthwhile for the goal.
* Incentive marketing campaigns can be really costly, but you should understand that not all of the costs are necessarily the company's. Often times, you will have to pay someone to create a blog or pay for banner ads to drive traffic to your site, but the entire incentivized marketing process can be quite beneficial to you in the long run.
* When you are setting up incentive programs, it is essential that you set some parameters in place to ensure that you stay within budget. If your business is currently strapped for cash, you may want to consider setting a small fee per click, rather than going for a larger amount.
* Incentive marketing is generally very effective for getting your brand in front of thousands of prospects, but keep in mind that it does take some time to establish the campaign. If your promotional activity is being funded by a successful business partner, you will find it much easier to create a strategy that will continue to work for you.
* It is important to remember that no one should be pressured into participating in any type of incentive marketing program. While you may have built a great relationship with them, they still have a lot of other prospects to promote and present the opportunity to you with a great deal of force.
* As an incentive marketer, you need to be careful to avoid getting overly ambitious. You want to keep your visitors engaged and it is important to make sure that they are offered something in return for the action that they take.
* One popular technique that is often seen is the click cards. In fact, they are becoming very popular and, while they can be difficult to install, they are quite easy to use, and can definitely add to the satisfaction level of your visitors.
* Incentive marketing is also used for motivation, so it is important to make sure that you are finding some balance between incentives and compensation. Remember that you want to reward your visitors with something tangible that they can use on a regular basis, but that it is worth your while to make sure that the time they spend is appreciated.
* Incentive marketing is very popular, but be sure that you are fully aware of the consequences. If you are not careful, you could end up losing money instead of bringing in new customers.