One should never touch asbestos even after coming in close contact with this material. Touching asbestos with fingers can force the material to change its state turning into powder form. If this powdered form of asbestos gets mixed with the atmosphere, it becomes invisible to the eyes. This can later force it to enter the body via nose and mouth later on causing severe health issues related to the lungs. If you happen to have been exposed to asbestos, avoid panicking. And instead, do these things first in order to stay safe.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking is known to cause lung cancer. However, if asbestos enters the lungs, the situation becomes even worse which can lead to life-threatening diseases. Therefore, it would be wise to quit smoking at the earliest.
- See a Doctor – Seeing a doctor is equally mandatory even after trying to quit smoking. During your visit, the doctor will recommend you to take a few tests like chest x-rays, lung function tests etc. The presence of asbestos will not be revealed by these tests but it helps to understand the condition of the lungs.
- Keep Visiting your Doctor – Keep in touch with your doctor with frequent visits or talking over the phone. If symptoms like breathing difficulty, chest pains increases then your doctor may advise you to take pneumonia-related shots. Symptoms related to asbestos are only revealed once the individual crosses the age of 30 which is a big problem.
Visit a doctor if you feel you’ve been exposed to asbestos in Newcastle region.
One should never try to get rid of asbestos on their own. Instead, it would be best to hire a professional asbestos removal contractor to get the job done. The professional understands asbestos and will use their skills, knowledge, technique, and experience to get the work done in a safe manner. Let’s focus on a list of advantages you will experience after you hire a professional asbestos removal contractor.
- They will not break the law – Asbestos removal requires proper training and information which the professional will ensure they are following the law. With the help of their experience, the professional will be doing their work properly and efficiently without doing anything illegal.
- They will Work in a Safe Manner – Although professionals are also known to make mistakes, the contractor will get rid of asbestos as safely as possible. They will work in a manner where they and you are not harmed.
- They will Keep Health in Mind – Asbestos is a very delicate material susceptible to touch. If touched it can get crumbled which will then get mixed with the atmosphere. Once it is present in the atmosphere it cannot be spotted with the eyes and can easily enter our body either through the nose or mouth. After its entry, the asbestos starts to get collected on the surface of the lungs leading to severe health issues related to the respiratory system. Due to this reason, the professional will keep health in mind, inspect the area, and then carry on with the work.
Asbestos inspection in Newcastle is what the contractor will do first.